The U.S. Department of State ("DOS") released its June 2014 Visa Bulletin which shows the availability of employment-based immigrant visa categories for the month of June. In this month, we saw many important changes:
- The EB-3 China category has retrogressed from October 1, 2012 to October 1, 2006 after several months of aggressive advancement. We had initially forecasted that this retrogression would happen in the February Visa Bulletin. This is a reminder of the extreme uncertainty with predicting the movement of the priority dates. The Other Workers category for China retrogressed significantly from October 1, 2012 to January 1, 2003.
- The EB-3 categories for the World and Mexico also retrogressed from October 1, 2012 to April 1, 2011.
- The EB-2 China and India categories continue to advance modestly from April 15, 2009 to May 22, 2009 for China and October 1, 2003 to October 15, 2003 for India.
- The EB-2 India category remains at November 15, 2004 after the prior retrogression of four years in 2013. We do not anticipate any further advancement before the beginning of the next fiscal year.
- The EB-3 Philippines category also advanced from November 1, 2007 to January 1, 2008.
Comparison to Prior Months
The following is a comparison of priority date movement since the inception of the current retrogression in 2007:
Click here to view table.