On its web page covering the Payment Services Directive the FSA has confirmed that from 1 May 2009, firms can submit applications to:
- Register as a small payment institution.
- Become an authorised payment institution.
- Register agents.
Complete applications must be received by 1 August 2009 so that the FSA can process them in time.
The FSA has also created a web page for those firms that want to apply to become a payment institution. The page sets out:
- The relevant application form.
- The criteria for registering as a small payment institution or becoming an authorised payment institution.
- The process for becoming an agent of another firm.
- Details of the transitional provisions.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the application process.
View FSA web page - Payment Services Directive, 1 May 2009
View Applying to be a payment institution, 1 May 2009