Public informal merger clearances under consideration
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc – proposed acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc
- carsales.com Limited – proposed acquisition of interests associated with the Trading Post brand
- GrainCorp Limited – proposed acquisition of Gardner Smith (Holdings) Pty Limited
- GrainCorp Limited – proposed acquisition of Goodman Fielder Limited’s edible fats and oils business
- United Parcel Service Inc. – proposed acquisition of TNT Express N.V.
- Aspen Global Incorporated – proposed acquisition of pharmaceutical product portfolio from GlaxoSmithKline
ACCC Statements of Issues
- The ACCC issued an Statement of Issues (SOI) on the possible acquisition by Seven Group Holdings of Consolidated Media Holdings.
- The ACCC released an SOI on Nestlé’s proposed acquisition of Pfizer Nutrition, with a final decision expected by 11 October 2012.
- The ACCC released a SOI on the proposed acquisition of the pathology businesses of Healthscope Limited in Queensland, NSW, ACT and WA by Sonic Healthcare Limited.
ACCC decisions not to oppose
- The ACCC will not oppose the proposed acquisition by News Corporation of 100 per cent of the shares in Consolidated Media Holdings Limited (CMH). CMH has a 50 per cent shareholding in FOX SPORTS Australia, which owns 50 per cent of the shares in FOXTEL. The ACCC is continuing to assess the proposed acquisition of 100 per cent of the shares in CMH by Seven Group Holdings Limited.