On February 28, 2018, the US Trade Representative (USTR) released the 359 page 2018 Trade Policy Agenda and 2017 Annual Report (including annexes). The Report is prepared and submitted to Congress pursuant to Section 163 of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended (19 U.S.C. 2213). Chapter V and Annex II of the document meet the requirements of Sections 122 and 124 of the Uruguay Round Agreements Act with respect to the World Trade Organization. In addition, the report also includes an annex listing trade agreements entered into by the United States since 1984. Goods trade data are for full year 2017. Services data by country are only available through 2016.
According to the Report, the trade policy agenda rests on five major pillars: Supporting Our National Security; Strengthening the U.S. Economy; Negotiating Better Trade Deals; Aggressive Enforcement of U.S. Trade Laws; and Reforming the Multilateral Trading System. A four page Fact Sheet is available.
The report may be downloaded as a single document or by separate chapters
- Chapter I – The President’s Trade Policy Agenda
- Chapter II – Agreements and Negotiations
- Chapter III – Trade Enforcement Activities
- Chapter IV – Other Trade Activities
- Chapter V – The World Trade Organization
- Chapter VI – Trade Policy Development
- Annex I
- Annex II
- Annex III
- Full Text of 2017 Trade Policy Agenda and 2016 Annual Report