On 21 November, European Commission and ECB released a statement following their surveillance mission between 17 and 21 November. They made the following observations across various sectors in Ireland:
- The economic situation is improving since the end of the EU/IMF financial assistance programme;
- Investor demand for Irish assets has resulted in the wind up of NAMA being accelerated;
- Government deficit in 2014 is likely to be slightly higher than forecasted;
- Unemployment remains quite high; and
- Recovery in the banking sector is ongoing.