ATTENTION FEDERAL CONTRACTORS!
On March 24, 2014, the Final Rules applicable to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 go into effect.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE FOLLOWING CHANGES?
- Annual hiring benchmarks for protected veterans
- Tracking and performing annual quantitative comparisons of the number of veterans who apply for jobs and the number of veterans hired by a federal contractor
- Invitations to self-identify protected veteran status at both the pre-offer and post-offer phases of the application process
- Inclusion of specific language when incorporating the equal opportunity clause into a subcontract by reference
- Changes to the manner and format of job listings submitted to state or local job services
- Changes to records access
- Completion of an annual utilization analysis of individuals with disabilities based on a nationwide 7% utilization goal, assessment of problem areas, and establishment of specific action-oriented programs to address any identified problems
- Tracking and performing annual quantitative comparisons of the number of individuals with disabilities who apply for jobs and the number hired by a federal contractor
- Invitations to self-identify as an individual with a disability at both the pre-offer and post-offer phases of the application process, using language prescribed by OFCCP
- Implementation of certain ADA Amendments Act (“ADAAA”) changes
If you have questions about the above or even your company’s federal contractor status, please feel free to contact Hope Cothran or any member of the Woods Rogers Labor & Employment group. Utilizing the latest affirmative action compliance software, we can assist you in creating and maintaining compliant affirmative action programs and help guide you through the maze of federal contractor affirmative action obligations.