On 27 September 2019 the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) published the Guiding Opinions on Promoting the Development of the Network Security Industry (the opinions) for public comment.(1)
According to the opinions, the ministry aims to have a number of cybersecurity enterprises generating an annual revenue of over Rmb2 billion by 2025. To this end, the opinions recommend:
- paying greater attention to key cybersecurity technologies;
- actively developing innovative cybersecurity service models;
- developing the cybersecurity industry's ecosystem;
- promoting the application of cybersecurity technology; and
- further developing cybersecurity infrastructure.
In order to implement the above measures, the opinions emphasise the important role of:
- the relevant competent departments in formulating the guiding regulations and policies; and
- colleges and universities in cultivating cybersecurity talent.
They also highlight the importance of international communication and cooperation.
(1) Further details are available here.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.