Consumer asset finance showed continued growth overall with:
- 9% rise in point-of-sale consumer car finance.
- 23% rise in the value of second charge mortgage new business.
- 3% fall in retail store and online credit.
Asset finance recorded its strongest start to a year since the financial crisis with 16% growth in new business in the last five months comprising:
- 6% rise in asset finance new business (primarily leasing and hire purchase).
- 39% rise in IT equipment finance.
- 21% rise in car finance.
Consumer new car finance was also in line with expectations and included a 3% rise which set a record high.