To view a recording of this webinar, click here.
During the past year, postal contractors have seen continued USPS cost-cutting efforts and a greater focus on obtaining competition. These pressures, plus new measures, can be expected to have significant implications for postal contractors in 2011.
Please join David Hendel, Chair of Husch Blackwell's Postal Service Contracting group, for a special webinar where we will review major developments that impacted contractors in 2010, as well as discuss changes, challenges, and trends for postal contractors in 2011 and beyond.
Topics will include:
- USPS financial condition
- Aftermath of the Office of Inspector General reports on Robert Bernstock and USPS Noncompetitive Purchases
- Newly-issued procedures and certifications required for the award of noncompetitive purchases
- Highlights from Supply Management's Three-Year Strategic Plan
- USPS Green Purchasing Initiatives
- Legal decisions from the Postal Service Board of Contract Appeals and U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Reorganized USPS under new Postmaster General, Pat Donahoe
- New Congressional committee and subcommittee assignments affecting the Postal Service, and newly introduced legislation