Asia is probably the current leader of innovative beauty trends with Japan, Taiwan and South Korea being three of the top 10 plastic surgery dependent countries in the world. With the cosmetic surgery industry booming, companies have taken advantage of the desire to look younger and have developed products that promise a lot.
Many women who cannot afford cosmetic procedures are willing to experiment with their beauty routines by trialling some of these seriously wacky beauty devices, despite some being potentially dangerous and delivering very little. Experts agree that, even though these products tend to over-promise and under-deliver, women are willing to try them because they promise incredible results with little or no effort.
Here are some of the wackiest:
- OMNI Beauty Lift High Nose - this DIY nose job contraption claims to lift your nose, encourage cartilage growth, and make your nose generally cuter in just three minutes a day.
- Eyelid Trainer - this contraption claims it will create a “beautiful double eyelid” after just one month of wearing it for five minutes a day.
- Oyasumi Goodnight Brow Stretcher - this device is a band worn on the forehead overnight to prevent winkles from forming between your brows.
- Age-ru Face Maker - taken from the word “ageru” which mean “lift,” this pink mask pulls on your skin and muscles to tighten up your face when you wear it regularly for just 10 minutes a day.
- Face Slimmer Exercise Mouthpiece - this mouthpiece apparently tightens your facial skin and tones your muscles when you put it in your mouth and repeat vowel sounds.
- Salon Equivalent Botox - this device looks like a thick marker pen and claims to give you an instant brow lift. The 'ink' part of the pen is actually a serum full of peptides - a natural chemical which stimulates collagen production - and the idea is to 'draw' the pen around your eyes and forehead to push it into your skin. The device is battery-operated so, while you draw the pen around, it also vibrates to give your face a bit of a workout, tightening muscles.