The date from which the granting of state and municipal land plots for the purposes of construction will not be performed in the absence of land use and development rules has been further extended as follows:
- 30 June 2013 for municipal districts;
- 31 December 2013 for urban settlements and districts; and
- 1 June 2014 for rural settlements.
Previously the deadline for the adoption of the rules on land use and development in Moscow and the Moscow Region (which enjoy the status of constituent entities of the Russian Federation) was extended until 31 December 2014.
At the same time, the application of Subarticle 3, Article 51 of the City-planning Code of the Russian Federation which prohibits the issue of construction permits in the absence of land use and development rules, has been postponed.
It follows that the provisions of Subarticle 3, Article 51 of the City-planning Code of the Russian Federation will not apply to the issue of construction permits for capital construction objects:
- in respect of inter-settlement areas of municipal districts, until 31 June1 2013;
- in respect of areas of urban settlements and districts, until 31 December 2013; and
- in respect of rural settlements, until 1 June 2014.
For the record, in Moscow, construction permits may still be issued until 31 December 2014 in the absence of any applicable land use and development rules.
Thus, even if before the above deadlines no land use and development rules are adopted, it is still possible to acquire rights to state and municipal land plots and to obtain construction permits.
[Federal Law No. 289-FZ “On Amending the City-Planning Code of the Russian Federation and Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation”, dated 30 December 2012]