Welcome to the latest edition of Updata – the international quarterly update from Eversheds Sutherland’s dedicated Privacy and Cybersecurity team.
Updata provides you with a compilation of privacy and cybersecurity regulatory and legal updates from our contributors around the globe over the past quarter.
This quarter’s report features commentary on a number of important developments, including:
- Cross-border data transfer news in relation to the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the Privacy Shield;
- New Chinese cybersecurity and information security guidelines and standards;
- Commentary from the US regarding new and proposed state privacy and cybersecurity laws;
- Guidance in Germany regarding data protection considerations in corporate asset deals;
- Guidance from the data protection supervisory authority in Ireland on securing cloud-based environments;
- News from the UK regarding the ICO’s latest report on advertising technology and real-time bidding;
- News from the Netherlands of a successful compensation claim under Article 82 OF THE GDPR following unlawful data sharing between Dutch municipalities.