On 17 July 2014, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (CMU, the Ukrainian Government) adopted the list of state companies and other state-owned assets which are subject to privatisation in 2014 (the “List”). The relevant Resolution of the CMU has been published.
That List contains over 160 lots representing various sectors of the Ukrainian economy, including transport, heavy industry, energy, agriculture, chemistry, etc.
Among others, the following significant assets are to be privatised:
- PJSC “Odessa Port Plant” (99,567% of the shares), one of the largest chemical producers in Ukraine;
- PJSC “Azovmash” (50% of the shares), one of the largest heavy machinery manufacturers in Ukraine;
- PJSC “Centerenergo” (78,29% of the shares), one of the major power generating companies (7,600 MW of installed capacity, 14% of the total installed capacity in Ukraine, 8% of the total electricity production in Ukraine);
- Regional power distribution companies:
- PJSC “Zaporizhzhiaoblenergo” (60,248% of the shares);
- PJSC “Mykolaivoblenergo” (70% of the shares);
- PJSC “Kharkivoblenergo” (65,001% of the shares);
- Blocking minority stakes (25% to 50% of the shares) in other energy companies (oblenergo) located in Dnipropetrivsk, Vinnytsia, Donnetsk, Kyiv, Sumy and other cities of Ukraine;
- Combined heat and power generation companies:
- PJSC “Khersonska CHP” (99,833% of the shares);
- PJSC “Odesska CHP” (99,99% of the shares);
- PJSC “Nikolaivska CHP” (100% of the shares); and
- “Dniprodzerzhynska CHP” (99,928% of the shares);
- Blocking stakes in over 30 gas supply and distribution companies (oblgas).
The CMU expects that the privatization campaign in 2014 will be the biggest for the last 20 years in Ukraine. The CMU intends to launch a huge advertising campaign to attract potential investors.
Source: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 667-р dated 17 July 2014 “On Approval of the List of Objects of the State Property that are Subject to Privatization in 2014”