The Food and Drug Administration has created a first-of-its-kind web page for consumers and health care professionals that will include a variety of comprehensive safety information about prescription drugs. Categories of information on the web page include:
- Consumer information about using medications safely and disposing of unused medicines;
- Drug labeling, including patient labeling, professional labeling and patient package inserts;
- A searchable database of post-market studies that are required from, or agreed to by, drug companies to provide the FDA with additional information about a drug's safety, efficacy or optimal use;
- Consumer articles on drug safety;
- Clinicaltrials.gov, a searchable database of clinical trials, including information about each trial's purpose, who may participate, locations and useful phone numbers;
- Drug-specific safety information, including safety sheets with the latest information about the drug as well as related FDA press announcements, fact sheets and drug safety podcasts;
- Warning Letters, Import Alerts, Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts; and
- Regulations and guidance documents.
You can access the web page here.