The Irish Data Protection Commissioner, Mr Billy Hawkes, has published his Annual Report for 2009. The Annual Report (which is available at www.dataprotection.ie) covers:-
- complaints and investigations (use of legal powers);
- data breach notifications;
- privacy audits;
- policy issues;
- international responsibility;
- cases handled during the year;
- guidance issued during the year.
In his Foreward the Data Protection Commissioner stated that an area of some disappointment has been the reluctance of some State bodies to take sufficient account of Data Protection issues when framing new legislation or applying existing law.