On 18 June 2012, as part of the main activities of the state programme of the City of Moscow (the “City”) entitled “Property and Land Policies of Moscow for 2012 – 2016”, a regulation on registering the property of the City (the “Regulation”) came into force.
Specifically, the Regulation establishes:
- the composition of property owned by the City that is subject to registration; and
- the procedure for maintaining the Property Register of the City of Moscow (the “Register”) as per the legislation of the Russian Federation, the City’s charter, and other regulations.
The Moscow City Department of Information Technology and the Moscow City Property Department jointly maintain the Register, which contains information on:
- land plots;
- buildings, structures, incomplete construction projects;
- residential and non-residential premises;
- aircrafts and sea vessels, inland waterway vessels;
- the City’s shares in commercial companies;
- intellectual property;
- copyright holders;
- joint-stock companies (share issuers);
- commercial companies (excluding joint-stock companies) and partnerships; and
- other parties in whose favour a limitation (encumbrance) has been set relating to a facility subject to registration.
The Regulation has been approved to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on the City’s property in order to implement the City’s policies, as well as to manage and organise the City’s property efficiently.
[Decree No. 273-PP of the Government of Moscow “On Approving the Provision on Registering Property of the City of Moscow”, dated 18 June 2012]