Online forms for announcement of corporate actions became mandatory for first announcement of corporate actions from 29 June 2015, subject to a number of transitional arrangements. The new process allows straight-through-processing of corporate action data both within ASX and externally, thereby introducing greater efficiency and accuracy in corporate action processing across the industry.
Online forms for announcement of corporate actions (which were introduced on a voluntary basis on 22 September 2014) became mandatory for first announcement of corporate actions (including dividends/distributions, interest payments/interest rate changes, securities splits/consolidations and cash capital returns) from 29 June 2015.
ASX has announced the following transitional arrangements:
- the online forms will be mandatory only for the first announcement of corporate actions on or after 29 June 2015;
- the publication of a ‘corporate calendar’ or a timetable without details such as the amount of payment, does not constitute announcement of the corporate action;
- where a corporate action is announced at the same time as an entity’s financial results (in particular a dividend/distribution), the online form to announce the details of the corporate action should be submitted immediately after the Appendix 4D/E/F; and
- where an entity has already announced a corporate action before 29 June 2015:
- via PDF, any update to that corporate action (such as currency or DRP disclosures) should be done by PDF announcement; and
- using an online form, any update to that corporate action should be done online by updating the original online form.
A number of enhancements have also been made to improve the wording and functioning of the online forms and the appearance of the PDF announcement generated by the submission of the online form.
ASX has also created an ASX Online training environment which reproduces ASX Online for Companies but is not connected to the ASX market announcements platform or any other system.
The enhanced online forms are available on ASX Online.
See Listed@ASX Compliance Update.