The Group of Central Bank Governors and Heads of Supervision met to agree key regulatory measures that should reduce the probability and severity of economic and financial stress. They discussed:
- raising the quality, consistency and transparency of the Tier 1 capital base;
- introducing a leverage ratio, internationally harmonised;
- introducing a minimum global standard for funding liquidity;
- a framework for countercyclical capital buffers above the minimum requirement; and
- recommendations to reduce the systemic risks of resolution of cross-border banks.