Decree 173 was issued on June 13, 2016, indicating the percentages of participation of local labor skilled and non-skilled in projects in the oil sector, mining and infrastructure projects with high social and economic impact, in Barrancabermeja. In addition, the decree outlined the procedure for obtaining the certificate of territoriality to establish residence and domicile in Barrancabermeja.
- It is established that public or private companies in the municipality of Barrancabermeja that develop projects in the oil industry, mining and infrastructure projects with high social and economic impact, must ensure a minimum of local labor as follows a) 100% of the non-skilled workforce must be local and B) 80% of skilled workforce must be local.
- These percentages do not include strategic positions, special projects, management positions in specialized markets and industries and positions that due to their nature should not be published pursuant to the regulations in the public employment system.
- The decree defines that every infrastructure project that requires the continuous and permanent hiring of an outstanding amount of employees, is an activity of social and economic impact. This definition does not apply to projects related to oil and mining.
- The decree establishes that the certificate of territoriality is the only document that proves residency, domicile and establishment of a person in the municipality of Barrancabermeja.
- In addition, it delegates in the head of the Secretary of the Municipal Government the issuance of the certificate of territoriality as the only document that proves residence and domicile in the Municipality of Barrancabermeja, for people who aspire to be hired as non-skilled and skilled within this jurisdiction.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF THIS CHANGE?
- Based on the increase of immigration and the rate of unemployment in the municipality of Barrancabermeja, the mayor of the municipality extends the special measures granted to certain municipalities for the hiring of local labor in the exploration and production of oil. In accordance with this decree the special measures are extended to projects of infrastructure of high social and economic impact.
- Residents domiciled in Barrancabermeja must provide the certificate of territoriality, which can only be obtained through the Secretary of the Municipality by complying with certain requirements.
- The certificate of territoriality will be the only valid document to show domicile in the municipality of Barrancabermeja.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE CONSIDERED?
- The companies that engage in projects in the oil industry, mining and infrastructure projects with high social and economic impact, must ensure a minimum of local labor as follows a) 100% of the non-skilled workforce must be local and B) 80% of skilled workforce must be local.