On 10 July 2018 the National Agency for Waterway Transportation (ANTAQ) published Resolution 6,235, approving the agency's regulatory agenda for the 2018-2019 biennium.
The regulatory agenda aims to inform the regulated sector and society at large about the agency's main regulatory issues for the biennium.
The main regulatory issues planned for discussion include:
- the chartering of maritime support vessels by companies without a Brazilian shipping company licence;
- regulating activities classified as construction works in maritime support navigation;
- analysing and diagnosing the need to regulate the provision of inland waterway passenger transport services by cruise ships;
- reviewing the economic and financial criteria for maintaining maritime navigation and support;
- standardising the basic service lines provided by container terminals and defining guidelines on inherent, accessory and complementary services;
- regulating how port tariffs are collected by users who do not dock in public ports;
- defining the minimum criteria for contracting civil liability and personal accident insurance to cover port authority and lessee responsibilities (or similar forms, including transitional service, temporary use and assignment of use agreements), excluding port operator insurance;
- consolidating the instruments and patrimonial, economic and financial governance practices of organised ports and leases;
- improving Resolution 2,239 concerning the transport of dangerous cargo by port facilities located inside and outside the organised port area;
- revising the chartering standard of vessels to operate in inland navigation; and
- regulating the transport of dangerous products in inland navigation.
For further information on this topic please contact Pedro Neiva de Santana Neto at Kincaid | Mendes Vianna Advogados by telephone (+55 21 2276 6200) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Kincaid | Mendes Vianna Advogados website can be accessed at www.kincaid.com.br.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.