The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation, and Enforcement announced recently that it has received nine responses from eight companies to its Request for Interest (RFI) issued last November. The RFI asked industry players to identify areas of OCS lands offshore Maryland for potential wind project development. The interested companies include:
- Bluewater Wind Maryland LLC
- Fisherman's Energy of New Jersey LLC (two "nominations" submitted)
- Seawind Renewable Energy Corporation, LLC
- Iberdrola Renewables, Inc.
- Orisol Energy US, Inc.
- Energy Management, Inc.
- Maryland Offshore, LLC
- RES America Developments Inc