On 3 May 2017, the European Commission launched a call for proposals concerning a Programme Support Action (PSA) in the field of the Trans-European Transport (TEN-T) network. The call for proposal was launched in the context of Regulation (EU) No 1316/2013 establishing the Connecting Europe Facility and on the basis of the Multi-annual Work Programme 2014-2020 in the transport sector.
The proposed Action consists in the execution of an operational project addressing the implementation of data exchange used for digital maps for Union-wide multimodal travel and real-time traffic information services on the TEN-T network.
The objective of this Action is to support the implementation of delegated regulations under Directive 2010/40/EU on the framework for the deployment of Intelligent Transport Systems in the field of road transport and for interfaces with other modes of transport. The delegated regulations should regard the requirements to make road, traffic and transport services data used for digital maps accurate and available to digital map producers and service providers through national access points.
In particular, the PSA aims at:
- stimulating and accelerating the coordinated provision of road, traffic and transport services data to enhance the quality of services based on these data;
- implementing a data exchange procedure for road, traffic and transport services data in each participating country;
- supporting multimodal travel and movement of goods using different transport modes, for interurban areas and corridors as well as urban areas;
- reflecting the continuous development of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) services, as well as users oriented activities to ensure support, training, outreach and promotion;
- enhancing multi-stakeholders cooperation and partnerships.
This PSA is expected to contribute to the realisation of an efficient European transport system that complies with European legislation and standards, as well as to the achievements of the European transport policy objectives.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 20 June 2017. The budget to be allocated is 2.000.000 euro for a period of approximately 4 years.