The opening of the offers for the national and international public tender for the Concession of the Public Work for the construction, conservation and operation of the Port Terminal Puerto Nuevo-Buenos Aires (“Tender”) is set for October 2, 2019, at 11 am. The envelopes containing the offers will be received as of 24 hs prior to the time and date of the opening.
The purpose of the Tender is to modernize the structure of the Port, transforming its old distribution in docks, into a run dock that allows attending more than one docking site simultaneously, increasing the efficiency of the Port.
Among the aspects regulated by the Tender Terms and Conditions (see the Tender Terms and Conditions here), note:
- Purpose of the Tender: The Concession contemplates both, works of infrastructure and the operation of the Port. The Concessionaire will be in charge of (i) the exclusive provision of services to the ship, cargo and passengers; (ii) the development of mandatory infrastructure works, for which the concessionaire must submit the corresponding projects.
- Area comprised in the Tender: It does not comprise the entire port, but a fraction thereof (see the area here).
- Term of Maintenance of the Offer: The term is of 180 days as of the opening of the envelopes.
- Guarantee of Maintenance of the Offer: US$ 5 (five) million dollars.
- Requisites to be an Offerer: (i) to operate at least one terminal with an annual movement of at least one million TEU; (ii) to operate at least 2,5 million TEU annually, considering all global operations, and taking into account, to that end, only those terminals in which the offerer owns at least 35% of the total amount of shares; (iii) have a net worth of at least 50 million dollars (or guarantee the difference between the offerer’s net worth and the minimum amount mentioned).
- Term of the Concession: 35 years, that can be extended once, for another 15 years.
- Dispute Resolution: Federal Courts of first instance of Administrative Litigation Matters seated on the City of Buenos Aires, requiring the prior exhaustion of the administrative channels.