Last April, the Commission on College Basketball issued its “Report and Recommendations To Address The Issues Facing Collegiate Basketball.”
In this webinar hosted by Aaron Lacey, Bob Wallace, chairman of the Firm's Sports Law Group, will discuss the NCAA’s response and the impact on both the basketball landscape and “big time” college athletics in general. Bob will discuss the recommendations in detail, including:
- Separating the collegiate track from the professional track by ending “one-and-done;”
- Allowing student-athletes to test their professional prospects and maintain their eligibility if they don’t sign a pro contract;
- Permitting students to receive meaningful assessment of professional prospects earlier with assistance from certified agents;
- Providing resources to make the promise of a college education real;
- Reforming non-scholastic basketball and making its finances transparent;
CLE The live presentation of this webinar was approved for 1.0 hour general CLE credit in California and Illinois and 1.2 hours of general CLE credit in Missouri. If you are interested in receiving credit for watching the recorded presentation, please click here.
Click here to watch the video.