The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has published a policy note on anti-money laundering registration. The purpose of the policy note is to help businesses supervised by the OFT under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 to understand:
- Why they are being asked to register.
- When they will have to register and the statutory time limit for registration.
- The registration process.
- The registration fee and the refund policy.
- The right to refuse to register a business or to cancel a business’ registration.
- The appeals process.
View OFT anti-money laundering registration policy, 30 July 2009