The Agency Workers Regulations Guidance has been published by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and was developed in partnership with key stakeholders, representing the interests of agencies, hirers and agency workers.
The Guidance provides information on:
- Who falls within the scope of the Regulations.
- What happens where someone works through multiple agencies or for multiple hirers.
- The effect of consecutive absence on the calculation of the 12 week qualifying period.
- Factors which will aid in deciding whether a new role given to an agency worker is “substantively different” from the role they were previously performing.
- The meaning of “pay” and the use of derogation contracts to exempt agency workers from the equal treatment provisions on pay.