On July 30, 2007, significant increases in USCIS filing fees for immigration benefits will take effect. According to USCIS, the new fees "will ensure that USCIS will have sufficient funding to fully recover its costs of doing business and also enable USCIS to meet national security and public safety concerns, prevent and detect fraud, and invest in comprehensive transformation efforts — all leading to a more efficient and effective immigration system."
Some of the most often utilized petition and application types are summarized below, along with the corresponding fee increase:
- Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker: $320 [current fee, $190]
- Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker: $475 [current fee, $195]
- Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status to LPR: $1,010* [current fee, $325]
- Form I-765, Application for EAD: $340 [current fee, $180]
- Form I-131, Application for Advance Parole: $305 [current fee, $170]
- Form I-907, Premium Processing Service: $1,000, no change
*However, new fee includes biometric fee, initial EAD, and initial Advance Parole.
A link to the full revised fee schedule can be found at the following USCIS web address: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/FinalUSCISFeeSchedule052907.pdf