Chairman Hensarling Announces Financial Services Committee Appointments
This week, House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) announced Subcommittee Chairmen for the House Financial Services Committee for the 114th Congress, including:
- Scott Garrett (R-NJ): Capital Markets and Government-Sponsored Enterprises Subcommittee (current chair);
- Randy Neugebauer (R-TX): Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit Subcommittee (currently chairs the Housing and Insurance Subcommittee and will replace Representative Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), who has been elected to the Senate);
- Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO): Housing and Insurance Subcommittee (will replace Representative Neugebauer, who will chair the Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit Subcommittee);
- Bill Huizenga (R-MI): Monetary Policy and Trade Subcommittee (will replace Representative John Campbell (R-CA), who is retiring); and
- Sean Duffy (R-WI): Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee (will replace Representative Patrick McHenry (R-NC), who was recently named a member of House Republican leadership).
Chairman Hensarling also welcomed new members to the Financial Services Committee, including both returning members who had previously served on the Committee and newly elected Members: Representative David Schweikert (R-AZ), Representative Scott Tipton (R-CO), Representative Roger Williams (R-TX), Representative-Elect Bob Dold (R-IL), Representative-Elect Frank Guinta (R-NH), Representative-Elect French Hill (R-AR), Representative-Elect Mia Love (R-UT), and Representative-Elect Bruce Poliquin (R-ME).
Additionally, House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-KY) announced that Representative Ander Crenshaw (R-FL) will be the Chairman (or Cardinal) of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services for the 114th Congress.