Whether you or a family member suffers from a disability, it is important to know that financial support is available to assist you in living a safe and comfortable life, whether at home or in a care home.

Most of our clients require some level of care, whether it be for someone who has lost their mental capacity or someone who has been physically injured in an accident. There are a variety of benefits that might be available and we can help ensure that you are claiming everything you are entitled to.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers financial support to those where their disability affects their ability to work. ESA is available to those who are unemployed, self-employed or employed. Before you can claim ESA, you must undergo a work capability assessment to determine the level of difficulty faced in the working environment. There are two types of ESA, income related ESA and contributory ESA.

Personal Independence Payments (PIP) are available for people who require support in getting around or doing everyday tasks. If you are aged between 16 – 64 then you might be eligible. PIP is split into two components, a mobility component which is for those that need assistance in getting around and a daily living component, for personal care.

Attendance Allowance (AA) is a benefit for people over the age of 65 who require assistance with personal care due to their disability.

Even if you have been declined a benefit in the past, you should consider applying again, if you believe that your circumstances have changed or a new health problem has arisen. It is important to remember that benefits are available not only to those that suffer with physical disabilities but also to those who have acquired brain injuries and some mental health conditions too.