The DOLS statistics for England during the period of 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 have been published. Here are the main headlines:
- This period saw the greatest number of DOLS applications ever: 195,840.
- 105,055 applications were completed.
- Around half of applications (55,320) were completed within 35 days.
- The average (mean) duration for completion was 83 days.
- 4% (4,335) took 365 days or more to be completed ·
- Half (51,330) of those not yet signed off had been awaiting completion for up to 188 days (of which 21,370 originated as urgent authorisations).
- Regional variation: for example, North East had three times as many applications compared to London. And 86% of applications granted in North East compared to 44% in South West.
- The highest proportion of applications originating as urgent authorisations was 70% in the East Midlands.
- 3240 Part 8 reviews were completed.
- 84% of standard authorisations were for less than 6 months.
A table demonstrating the effect of Cheshire West may be found in the screen-friendly version of the Newsletter.