The OIG has announced it is hosting six free compliance training sessions around the country, starting with a February 16, 2011 session in Houston. The sessions will focus on: understanding the fraud and abuse laws and the consequences of violating them; making a plan to cultivate a culture of compliance within your organization; knowing what to do when noncompliance is discovered. The target of the sessions are local health care providers, compliance professionals, and their legal counsel. The sessions will feature government experts from OIG, CMS, U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, and State Medicaid Fraud Control Units. The full schedule is as follows:
- Houston, TX: February 16, at the Houston InterContinental
- Tampa, FL: March 2 at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
- Kansas City, MO: March 23 at the Embassy Suites Country Club Plaza
- Baton Rouge, LA: April 12 at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
- Denver, CO: May 3 at the Denver Marriott City Center Hotel
- Washington, DC: May 18 at the HHS Humphrey Building
Space is limited, so early registration is encouraged.