Following its report on the BHS Pension Scheme, the Works and Pensions Committee is undertaking an enquiry in relation to the Pension Protection Fund and Pensions Regulator in relation to which it will be considering:
- the adequacy of defined benefit pension scheme regulation and regulatory powers, in general and specifically in relation to the pension schemes of complex and multi-national companies;
- use of these powers by the Pensions Regulator in recent cases, including BHS;
- resourcing and prioritisation of TPR supervisory work;
- implications of the regulatory approach for company behaviour, including whether it mitigates or incentivises moral hazard;
- the sustainability of the Pension Protection Fund; and
- the fairness of the PPF levy system and its impact on businesses and scheme members.
The Work and Pensions Committee is accepting written submissions with a deadline of Friday 23 September 2016.