CBOE Exchange, Inc. (CBOE) has proposed amendments to Chapter 17 of the CBOE Options Rules regarding investigative and disciplinary matters involving CBOE Trading Permit Holders (TPHs) and their associated persons. In particular, the amendments reflect updates to CBOE’s rules and processes related to:
- complaints and investigations;
- expedited proceedings;
- the issuance of charges (and answers thereto);
- hearings (including decisions made pursuant to a hearing and the review of decisions);
- summary proceedings;
- judgment and sanctions;
- service of notice;
- reporting to the Central Registration Depository; and
- imposition of fines for minor rule violations.
The amendments are designed, among other things, to harmonize (to a significant extent) CBOE’s investigative and disciplinary processes with those of CBOE’s affiliate exchanges (CBOE BZX Exchange, Inc., CBOE BYX Exchange, Inc., CBOE EDGX Exchange, Inc., and CBOE EDGA Exchange, Inc.) and to adopt new roles for CBOE’s Business Conduct Committee and Chief Regulatory Officer.
Interested parties are invited to submit comments regarding the proposal. All comments should be submitted within 21 days from the publication of the proposal in the Federal Register.
The rule filing is available here.