ESMA published a questions and answers paper (Q&A) on the application of the AIFMD. ESMA intends to continually edit and update the Q&A and to convert some material into ESMA guidelines and recommendations. The questions explored in the Q&A concern:
- timing of the application of the remuneration rules,
- remuneration rules in the event of delegation of portfolio management or risk management activities,
- what additional information should be provided under letter (f) of Annex IV of the AIFMD (in a marketing passport notification),
- notification of alternative investment funds (AIFs) (for marketing purposes), and
- reporting (by non-EU AIFMS) under Article 42 of the AIFMD.
ESMA issued an updated table listing the AIFMD memoranda of understanding (MoUs) signed by the EU authorities in the context of AIFMD.