Due to the worrying evolution of the epidemiological situation currently afflicting the country, Presidential Decree no. 276/20 of 23 October 2020 has been enacted to update the preventive and control measures for the spread of COVID-19.
Overall, there is a strengthening of the previous preventive measures established in Presidential Decree no. 256/20, of 8 October 2020. Key changes include:
- An increase of fines for breach of the new rules;
- A special recommendation to refrain from moving around or staying in public spaces from 10.00 pm to 5.00 am;
- The cordon sanitaire in the Province of Luanda is extended until 22 November 2020. Authorities, in all Provinces and Municipalities subject to cordons sanitaires must safeguard the health control of entry and exit of goods and services, of patients, of people in public service, humanitarian aid and other circumstances to be determined by the competent authorities;
- Domestic and international scheduled flights are resumed, but they are limited to the minimum necessary;
- In addition to foreign non-resident citizens, those who have their own residence also have the duty to observe home quarantine, although health authorities may determine otherwise if there are no conditions;
- Children under 12 are once again considered vulnerable citizens and this allows their guardians to be absent from on-site work activities;
"Children under 12 are once again considered vulnerable citizens and this allows their guardians to be absent from on-site work activities."
- Regarding the workforce, the on-site limit decreases to 50% while the previous regime allowed 75%;
- As for educational establishments, classroom activities are authorised from the 6th to 13th grade, and for higher education / universities;
- Individual sports and leisure activities are now authorised in two time slots: between 5.30 am and 7.30 am, and between 5.30 pm and 7.30 pm;
- Trading of goods and services must be carried out between 7.00 am and 8.00 pm;
- Restaurants and similar establishments must operate from 6.00 am to 4.00 pm;
- Take-away and home deliveries are open from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm;
- The limit for public gatherings is reduced from 10 to 5 people.
The new measures imposed by this Presidential Decree came into force on 24 October and are effective until 22 November 2020.