IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? A technical problem with the online visa system in the Directorate General of Immigration office in Jakarta has halted visa and ITAS processing throughout Indonesia.
What does the change mean? Authorities will not be able to process visa and ITAS applications in Jakarta or elsewhere in Indonesia until the problem is resolved.
- Implementation timeframe: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: All visas and ITAS applications processed in Indonesia.
- Who is affected: Foreign nationals applying for Indonesian visas and ITAS in-country.
- Impact on processing times: The technical problem will likely delay processing times, especially if it is not resolved soon.
- Business impact: Businesses may need to adjust timelines if they have employees who are affected by delays in visa processing.
BAL Analysis: Little information is available at this point about the nature of the technical problem or how long it might take to resolve. For now, however, those in need of visa services should expect delays with in-country processing.