The European Payments Council (EPC) has launched a poll inviting responses from payment audiences to cast a vote on which initiative they believe is going to have the most impact going forward. The key initiatives highlighted are as follows:
- European Commission proposal for a revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
- European Commission proposal for a new Regulation on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions.
- Work programme of the Euro Retail Payments Board, chaired by the European Central Bank.
- SecuRe Pay Forum recommendations for the security of internet payments; for the security of payment account access services; and for the security of mobile payments.
- Guidelines and technical standards issued by the European Banking Authority pursuant to the mandate provided by PSD2 (Articles 86, 87).
What this means for you
The EPC is the decision-making body of the European banking industry. Its purpose is to promote the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), and it develops schemes and frameworks which are designed to achieve euro integration. Should you wish to cast a vote on which initiative you consider will have the most impact, please click here to access the poll. The poll will be open until the end of September 2014, with the results to be published thereafter.