The Investment Management Association (IMA) has issued a press notice relating to research it has conducted amongst 3,451 small retail investors in the UK. The IMA found that:
- Investors are feeling slightly less confident - and are planning to invest less in the next year.
- Risk appetite has dropped especially among older, wealthier investors.
- Investors see equities and residential property as the most attractive type of asset - but equities are less appealing in their view.
- They see a brighter outlook for all global markets - except the UK, where they hold the bulk of their assets.
- FTSE 100 expected to take more than a year to breach 6,000.
View Investor confidence is well ahead of 2008 - but is less positive for 2010, 11 January 2010