- RENERGY S.à.r.l. v Spain, was registered at ICSID on 01 August 2014. It concerns a renewable energy generation enterprise.
- According to the Energy Charter Secretariat, a new ECT case was registered in 2014 at the SCC: Cem Uzan v Turkey. It concerns electricity generation and distribution concessions.
- On 10 July 2014, an ad hoc committee issued its decision on the application for annulment in Alapli Elektrik v Turkey.
- Presidents of arbitral tribunals appointed in two ECT cases: Antin Infrastructure v Spain (Eduardo Zuleta) and RREEF Infrastructure v Spain (Alain Pellet).
- Yves Fortier, chairman in the recently decided Yukos cases, accepted his appointment by the claimants in NextEra Energy v Spain.
- John Beechey accepted his appointment as presiding arbitrator on 18 July 2014 in Masdar Solar v Spain. Party-appointed arbitrators in this case are Gary Born and Brigitte Stern.
- On 31 July 2014, the claimants in Blusun S.A. v Italy filed their memorial on the merits.
Energy Charter Process
- The Secretary-General participated in the Malta Energy Conference, which took place on 10-11 July 2014.
Database of Disputes under the Energy Charter Treaty
Click here to view excel.
Click here to view pdf.