JMLSG is consulting on amendments to Part I of its Guidance. The changes will:
- bring in references to the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008, Schedule 7;
- change references to reflect the current names of Government Departments;
- change headings in Chapter 5 from "variation from standard" to "other considerations" and clarify various rules on CDD, including giving more guidance on treatment of PEPs;
- delete references to the date on which the 2007 Regulations were due to come into force; and
- remove duplication between Appendix I and the Annex to chapter 1.
It will consult separately on changes to Part II of the Guidance. It asks for comments by 9 October.