The European Data Protection Board (“EDPB”) which replaced the Article 29 Working Party advisory body (WP29) in May 2018 have set out their 2019/2020 work program. Key items on their agenda include producing the following items:
- Guidelines on concepts of controller and processor (this will update the historic WP29 Opinion which can be accessed here)
- Guidelines on the notion of legitimate interest of the data controller (this will update the WP29 Opinion which can be accessed here)
- Guidelines on the territorial scope of the GDPR (which will be finalised after the public consultation on the draft guidelines which can be accessed here)
- Guidelines on Data Protection by Design and Default
- An opinion on decisions regarding standard contractual clauses for processors
The EDPB has already adopted its opinion on the interplay between the ePrivacy Directive and the GDPR and it can be accessed here.
For a full list of the tasks on the EDPB’s work program over the next two years, please see here. We will keep a watching brief and report back on all publications as they are released.