On July 9, 2013, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that the City of Chicago had taken steps to reduce its carbon footprint by negotiating an agreement pursuant to which the City will obtain at least 5% of its electricity from Illinois wind farms. The remaining 95% of electricity will be supplied by facilities burning natural gas via combined cycle combustion turbines. The agreement, which is part of the City's Community Choice Aggregation ("CCA") plan, is intended, at least in part, to eliminate the City's historical reliance on electricity from coal-fired power plants. The CCA plan also promised Chicago consumers reduced electricity bills; whether these cost saving will continue to be realized in the future remains to be seen. For further information on Chicago's CCA plan, please click here.