The Consumer industry is evolving at lightning speed, and the way consumer companies operate is shifting. From issues in supply chain to the digitalization of the consumer experience, companies are rapidly changing to keep up with consumer demands. Last year businesses in the consumer industry saw a wave of unprecedented disruption and transformation, and 2019 promises challenges of similar or greater magnitude.
In this year’s edition of Consumer Horizons, the Hogan Lovells global Consumer team identifies trends that will impact food and beverages companies, fashion and luxury goods producers, retailers, consumer electronics manufacturers, and other consumer companies throughout 2019.
Our team breaks down disruptive technology, sustainability and corporate responsibility practices, privacy and consumer data issues, shifting sales models, supply and sourcing matters, M&A and capital markets, and more – all with a look at global perspectives.
Privacy and technology topics include:
- Technology trends that will reshape e-commerce in 2019
- Online platforms: New proposal impacting B2B relationships
- Blockchain: Recent developments and predictions for 2019
- Virtual social influencers
- 3D-printing and IP rights
- New EU rules on geo-blocking impact all online retailers selling within the EU
- The impact of intellectual property on artificial intelligence
- Drones in retail
- Data privacy laws disrupting digital ecosystem
- Connectivity, smart technologies, and consumer data
- Are your calls and texts compliant? An update on TCPA
- The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA): Privacy law in the U.S. is changing dramatically
- The FTC sinks its teeth into subscription sales- ROSCA
- Personalized shopping in Asia
Download Consumer Horizons 2019 by registering here.