The government has announced the following increases to rates of statutory pay, with effect from April 2018 (date to be confirmed).
- Statutory maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental pay and maternity allowance to increase from £140.98 to £145.18 per week.
- Statutory sick pay to increase from £89.35 to £92.05 per week.
The government has also accepted the Low Pay Commission’s recommended increase to the national minimum wage hourly rates, also from April 2018.
- Apprentices: £3.70 (currently £3.50)
- 16-17 year olds: £4.20 (currently £4.05)
- 18-20 year olds: £5.90 (currently £5.60)
- 21-24 year olds: £7.38 (currently £7.05)
- 25 years plus (national living wage): £7.83 (currently £7.50)