Staff of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) will hold a public roundtable on October 22, 2010, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., to discuss issues related to individual customer collateral protection. The roundtable will assist the CFTC in the rulemaking process to implement the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Major agenda items include:
- What are the concerns of customers?
- What models might meet these concerns?
- What infrastructure changes would be necessary to implement such models?
- How should the cost of such infrastructure changes be measured?
- What changes to financial resources [e.g., performance bond, guaranty funds] would need to be implemented to address the changes in the risk environment that would follow as a result of implementing such models?
- How can such risk issues best be mitigated?
- How can the related costs be fairly analyzed and estimated?