Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will convene on Monday, April 25, at 3:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 4:00pm, at which time the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.2028, Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2016. Under the previous order, at 5:30pm the Senate will vote on Murray amendment #3813 (anchor chains).
On Tuesday, April 26, at 11:00am, the Senate will vote on the following amendments: (1) Merkley SA #3812 (wind energy); (2) Reid SA #3805 (water management); and (3) Flake SA #3820 (environmental infrastructure).
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, April 25, the House will meet in pro forma session at 11:30am. No votes are expected.
On Tuesday, April 26, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 4096 – Investor Clarity and Bank Parity Act;
- H.R. 5019 – Fair Access to Investor Research Act of 2016;
- H.R. 2901 – Flood Insurance Market Parity and Modernization Act;
- H.R. 223 – Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2016;
- H.R. 3030 – Baudette Coast Guard Housing Conveyance Act;
- House Amendment to S. 1523 – To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to reauthorize the National Estuary Program, and for other purposes, as amended;
- H.R. 1684 – Foreign Spill Protection Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 4820 – Combating Terrorist Recruitment Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 4698 – Securing Aviation from Foreign Entry Points and Guarding Airports Through Enhanced Security Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 3583 – PREPARE Act, as amended;
- H.R. 2615 – Virgin Islands of the United States Centennial Commission Act;
- H.R. 2908 – National Bison Legacy Act;
- H.R. 4359 – Administrative Leave Reform Act, as amended;
- H.R. 4360 – Official Personnel File Enhancement Act; and
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 1493 – Protect and Preserve Cultural Property Act
On Wednesday, April 27, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 4923 – American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4240 – No Fly for Foreign Fighters Act;
- H.R. 699 – Email Privacy Act; and
- S. 1890 – Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016
The House will also consider H.R. 4498 – HALOS Act (Subject to a Rule).
On Thursday, April 28, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Friday, April 29, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider: