The increasing digitalization in the country has allowed the availability of knowledge and information to be easily available. Internet connects multiple users across the virtual platform to the resource mine helping facilitate them understand and avail necessary educational material or matters of current news with their implications.
The development of a nation depends upon the strength of its legal framework and reliance of its effective implementation by properly equipped meticulous experts.
The Indian legal system is one of the most exhaustive and intricate legal systems in the world. Codified into numerous domains, the regulatory framework lays down the guidelines for efficient control and management within the country.
Organized legal system
The legislature in India provides for a number of rules and regulations governing the conduct of citizens in the nation. Although, as many as 1,000 central laws are available, the difficulty arises in finding all of them on a single unified platform.
In furtherance to the order of the High Court of Delhi, in a writ petition filed by Vansh Sharad Gupta seeking online access to Indian laws, the Government is in the process of organizing all laws in India by collating them onto a single e-portal- India Code: The guidelines issued by the Court require the online portal to fulfil the below stated requisites:
- Organization of all central laws, subsidiary acts, rules, regulations, procedures, notifications and circulars;
- The content should be in machine readable PDF format;
- The navigation on the portal aims to be such that the complete law-making process, from the parent Act to the subordinate legislations, are clearly visible;
- Uploading of State Government Acts, rules, regulations, and subordinate legislations as well;
- Mobile friendly view;
- All ministries and departments must have a nodal officer for this exercise.
The High Court of Delhi via its pragmatic approach, has introduced organization and systematic arrangement of legal regulations on a single online platform which not only facilitates the users of the cyberworld to get access to all the laws of the country but also assures that authentic data is available to the citizens.