The Securities Commission has published a guidance note explaining its approach to granting exemptions under the Financial Advisers Act.
In the guidance note, the following commonly asked questions are answered:
- What exemption making powers does the Commission have under the Financial Advisers Act?
- What are the statutory criteria for an exemption?
- What is the Commission's policy in relation to exemptions?
- What if my circumstances change?
- How long is an exemption granted for?
- How long does it take to process an application?
- What are the fees and charges payable for exemption applications?
- Disclosure information about my application.
- What other information do I need to provide?
- Do I need a lawyer?
- Can I withdraw my application?