• On November 6, 2012, the FCC announced that AT&T will pay $700,000 under a Consent Decree to terminate an Enforcement Bureau investigation into allegations that AT&T switched subscribers to monthly wireless data plans even though they had been told they could keep their pay-as-you-go options. “Today’s action sends a clear signal that wireless carriers can’t wrongfully charge consumers,’’ said Chairman Genachowski. AT&T agreed to refund customers the excess fees, which totaled $25 to $30 a month. The Consent Decree also requires AT&T to provide a bill-page notice to affected customers, to offer refunds to those that had not already received them, and to give affected customers the option to return to a pay-per-use data plan. The Consent Decree is available here.