The discussion between Sir Rupert Jackson and James Doe, UK Head of Herbert Smith Freehills' Construction & Infrastructure Disputes practice, along with Senior Associate Emily Blanshard can be found on SoundCloud, Spotify and iTunes.
The full conversation touched on a range of issues, including:
- his legacy to construction law
- his activities as an arbitrator and approach to arbitration procedure
- his views on costs budgeting and case management
- his experiences of and views on the conduct of parties to construction disputes including lawyers and experts
- his outlook for the future of construction law and practice